The food selection committee for the City’s new $800+ million airport announced this week the recommendations for the groups to build and operate the restaurants at the new airport.
The committee selected two groups: Delaware North and Chase Catering and Concessions LLC joint venture, and the HMSHost and Coaxum Enterprises joint venture.
The Delaware North-Chase Catering restaurants will include:
- Leah’s Kitchen (Edgar “Dooky” Chase IV)
- Folse Market (Chef John Folse): seafood, po-boys, charcuterie, coffee and wine
- Bar Sazerac
- Heritage School of Music Stage and Wine Bar (live music via the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation)
- NOLA Food Expo (food hall featuring MoPho chef Michael Gulotta, Dook’s Burgers & Brews and Ye Olde College Inn)
- Pizza Domenica, (John Besh, Alon Shaya, Octavio Mantilla)
- Johnny Sanchez (John Besh and Aaron Sanchez)
- Angelo Brocato’s
- PJ’s Coffee
HMSHost’srestaurants will include:
- Mondo (Chef Susan Spicer)
- Cure (Neal Bodenheimer)
- The Munch Factory (husband-wife team Jordan and Alexis Ruiz)
- Emeril’s Table (Emeril Lagasse)
- Willie Mae’s (Willie Mae Seaton)
- Lucky Dogs
- Auntie Anne’s pretzels
- Burger King
- The Great American Bagel
- Panda Express.
Construction at the airport is well underway, and it is still on schedule to open in 2018. Flight demand is so good that the city is considering adding another $100 million terminal to the current plans, but they are still searching for a hotel operator.
Renderings of all of the restaurants and food courts below!